EN - Corona Information
Dear residents! We are in a state of global crisis due to the Coronavirus, and we are all committed to participate in the national efforts to prevent this virus from spreading in order to maintain peace and health for all of us.
Along with the personal responsibility and self-discipline that is required from each of us when acting on governmental decisions and published guidelines of the Ministry of Health we are also preparing for complete home quarantine.
Web-based Learning in the Education System
· Preschool children will participate in joint activities through the ZOOM application.
· Primary school students will continue studying using the "Password for Each Student" website, including a daily digital meeting with the teacher through the "TEAMS" system on the site.
· High school students (grades 7-12) will continue studying using the "Y SCHOOL" software, which offers thousands of study materials in all subjects, including assistance for the final exams (Bagrut).
In addition, the teachers will maintain constant telephone contact with the students. Also, you could use the educational psychological service assistance for students and teachers at 08-6367815.
Virtual sessions in community centers
Amid the cessation of public activities, including kindergartens, youth centers, and elderly clubs, the public community centers network will offer a virtual program via Facebook, which includes entertainment events, lectures, classes, storytime, contests and much more.
Postponements of business payments
To help business owners to cope with the economic consequences, the municipality will conduct the following measures:
· Postponement of property and signage tax payment until 01/05/2020 for business owners upon request.
An application should be given to the revenue department by telephone at 08-6367127/7053.
· Exemption from streets conservation tax for March and April 2020, for all business owners.
In addition to the mentioned exempts, the city leadership works with decision-makers, including appealing to the prime minister and the relevant ministers, for additional help in light of Eilat’s special status.
City services via digital platform only
As the rest of the country, the municipality of Eilat is also working in an emergency format.
All services can be obtained online through the municipality's website, by email, and by phone.
Core services will continue to operate normally.
Daily activities are carried out on the municipal Facebook page, including physical activity, hosting professionals to answer residents' questions, guidelines, updates and more.
Supporting the Community
In regards to city welfare services, social workers are in daily contact with patients, with emphasis on lonely senior citizens.
· The support centers work creatively and maintain contact with youth, children and families through digital means.
· The distribution of food baskets to the elderly continues as usual. So does the supportive community service for the elderly.
· This year the distribution of food baskets for Passover will be delivered directly to the homes by volunteers and not through the Yad Roje center, as it is usually done.
In case of emergency, call 08-6367891/2 or call the city line 106.
Swimming at the beaches is forbidden
Alongside the Interior Ministry's announcement of postponing the opening of the bathing season, bathing at the beaches of Eilat is also prohibited and rescue services will not be provided at the beaches. Also at the undeclared beaches, there are hazards caused by the natural disaster that occurred recently and therefore access and stay should be avoided throughout the coastline.
We are available at Help Centers
Along with the strengthening of the city call center, the municipality operates help centers through a psychological service and community network.
Available help centers:
Educational Psychological Service
Sunday - Thursday 7: 30-15: 30
Youth Voice - youth listens and advises
Sunday - Thursday 12: 00-14: 00 | 20: 00-22: 00
Saturday night from 8 pm to 10 pm
Parent School – Eilat
And parental guidance through the WhatsApp 050-6226230
Communication with the government
Due to the special status of the city of Eilat, in which most of its economy relies on tourism, and following the crises that began with the closure of the Sde Dov Airport, continued with the corona pandemic, which led to the closure of the city, and the natural disaster that led to the closure of the beaches, The Mayor of Eilat - Meir Itzchak Ha'levi addressed the Prime Minister and relevant Ministers with an urgent request for their intervention, including a request for a special assistance package needed to deal with the crisis, and especially for the rehabilitation of the city once the crisis ends.
We all hope for better days 😊
The Municipality of Eilat remains at your disposal at all times.